Coastal and Marine Management Strategy
The Coastal and Marine Management Strategy 2019-2029 (the Strategy) ensures the health and viability of the Northern Territory coast and seas.
The Strategy will:
- support the use of coastal and marine areas by Territorians and visitors for recreational and cultural purposes
- manage the growing demand for natural resources
- foster sustainable industry for the benefit of the economy
- protect the environment
- improve our knowledge and understanding of the coast and seas.
A range of organisations were invited to form a partnership group to assist in developing the strategy, representing:
- Traditional Owners
- recreation and
- natural resource management.
The public and stakeholders were invited to comment on a discussion paper to refine the strategy.
Last updated: 31 January 2020
Share this page: