Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Darwin Harbour strategy
The Darwin Harbour Strategy is a guide for the responsible stewardship and sustainable development of the Darwin Harbour region.
It supports the integrated management of the Darwin Harbour region’s diverse environmental, social, cultural and economic values and uses.
To achieve this, the strategy provides clear goals and guidelines for policy and decision makers within government, industry, commerce and the community.
The five key goals for the Darwin Harbour Strategy are:
- goal 1: to maintain a healthy environment
- goal 2: to support recreational use and enjoyment of the environment
- goal 3: to ensure that development is implemented in an ecologically sustainable manner
- goal 4: to protect cultural values and heritage
- goal 5: to foster community awareness, industry partnerships and stewardship of the Darwin Harbour region.
Last updated: 28 November 2017