Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Howard Water Advisory Committee
The Howard Water Advisory Committee has been formed by the Minister for Environment and Natural Resources to provide advice and recommendations to the Controller of Water Resources on the development of a water allocation plan for the Howard Groundwater System.
The HWAC will identify issues, review information and provide advice to the Territory Government throughout the development of a Howard Water Allocation Plan. The Committee’s focus will be on sustainably managing the use of groundwater.
|Executive Officer||Amateur Fisherman’s Association|
|Shane Papworth||Public Water Supply|
|Kate Peake||Regional Development NT|
|Maree Bredhauer||Litchfield Council|
|Donna Jackson||Larrakia Nation|
Terms of Reference
The Committee will:
- Actively and honestly participate in the development of the water allocation plan for the Howard Groundwater System.
- Identify, discuss and make recommendations to the Controller of Water Resources on matters regarding the assessment, management and use of water from the Howard Groundwater System.
- Share information about the water allocation planning process with the community and seek their values and interests ensuring these are communicated back to the Controller of Water Resources.
- Participate in the development of water management strategies for the Howard groundwater system that are consistent with the requirements of the Water Act.
- Consider any other matters referred to it by the Minister or Controller of Water Resources.