Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Darwin Harbour Advisory Committee
The Darwin Harbour region includes Port Darwin and Shoal Bay and covers 3227km of land and water. It extends from Charles Point to Gunn Point including the estuarine areas, tributaries and catchment areas of Cox Peninsula, Woods Inlet, West Arm, Middle Arm, East Arm and the Howard River. The Darwin Harbour Advisory Committee provides advice to the Northern Territory Government through the Minister on the effective management of Darwin Harbour and its catchment to ensure a balance between; sustainable development, a working harbour important to a range of cultural, recreational and economic values, and the protection and maintenance of healthy environments and ecosystems in the harbour and its catchment, now and into the future.
The Committee will:
- Provide advice to the Minister on the management of aquatic environments of Darwin Harbour and its catchment.
- Provide advice on an integrated research and monitoring plan to inform sustainable management and protect the aquatic environment and critical habitats at risk from climate change.
- Provide advice on and facilitate the development of annual reporting framework for Darwin Harbour’s aquatic environment; and
- Provide a forum to share information and provide opportunities for cooperation, and collaboration with key stakeholders and the community.
Click here to view the Committees Terms of Reference .
The members are:
- Mr Nick Hanigan – Development Manager, Paspaley Pearls Properties Pty Ltd
- Mr Nigel Browne – CEO, Larrakia Development Corporation
- Ms Shar Molloy – Director, Environment Centre of the Northern Territory
- Ms Anna Boustead – Coordinator, Landcare NT
- Mr David Ciaravolo – Executive Officer, AFANT
- Mr Jim Smith – Managing Director, Sea Darwin Pty Ltd
- Ms Maria Kraatz, Consultant, EnviroNorth
- Dr Graeme Suckling – CEO, Urban Development Institute of Australia (NT)
- Prof Karen Gibb – Professor, Charles Darwin University
- Mr Alan Roe – Program Manager, Territory Natural Resource Management
- Mr Terry O’Connor – CEO, Darwin Port Corporation
- Dr Claire Streten – Research Scientist, Australian Institute of Marine Science
- Mark Robertson – Government Approvals Manager, INPEX
- Ms Trish Rigby – Research and Policy Officer, NLC
- Ms Shenagh Gamble – Manager Climate Change and Environment, City of Darwin
- Ms Annie Andrews – Manager of Environment, Power and Water Corporation
- Mr Daniel Thompson – Environment Supervisor, Conocco Phillips Australia
Last updated: 25 July 2017