NR Maps information
NR Maps is a web mapping tool to discover, research and map natural and cultural research data for the Northern Territory.
NR Maps web mapping application contains a range of data layers, map products and mapping functions.
The web mapping application is not suitable for use with a mobile device.
Active Layer settings
Identify, search and selection query tools only work with the 'Active Layer'.
Cadastre (Land Parcels) is the 'Active Layer' when you open NR Maps.
To change the 'Active Layer' - right mouse click on a layer and choose 'Set Active'.
NR Maps – User guides
- NR Maps - Frequently asked questions
- Quick start guide PDF, 246.04 KB
- How to use the selection tools PDF, 226.64 KB
- How to find a bore and bore report PDF, 859.94 KB
- About bores with dry risk assessment Darwin rural area PDF, 847.76 KB
- How to search for map products PDF, 179.82 KB
- About permitted clearing data layers PDF, 115.84 KB
- About land and water resource surveys PDF, 318.24 KB
NR Maps – What's new?
Find out about new additions to NR Maps.
Know your bore tool
This dedicated Know your bore tool displays bores that may be at risk of running dry in the 2019 Dry season in the Darwin rural area.
All bores in the NT are searchable and contain a link to the bore report.
Users seeking bore information may prefer this simple web tool to NR Maps.
Last updated: 17 October 2019