Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
National bushfire mitigation program
The Australian Government provided funding in the 2014 to 2015 Federal Budget for the creation of a National Bushfire Mitigation Program. This program, which runs until June 2017, is a targeted initiative to reduce the impact of bushfires and build a more disaster resilient Australia.
The National Bushfire Mitigation Program sees the Federal Government partner with states and territories to build upon their existing fire management practices and put in place strategies to address risks.
The Northern Territory, a component of the broader program, will deliver the following outcomes:
- a Northern Territory Bushfire Management Planning Framework
- whole of community bushfire mitigation planning workshops
- regional bushfire risk assessment and hazard mapping tools to inform mitigation
- regional bushfire mitigation measures
- Regional Bushfire Management Plans - initially Top End and Savannas.
Last updated: 19 April 2016