Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Aboriginal Ranger Grants Program
The Northern Territory Government’s Protecting Country, Creating Jobs initiative supports Aboriginal Rangers to protect the environment and create jobs. This includes a Capital Grants Fund for Indigenous Ranger groups to help purchase essential items, with funding of $4.1 million over 2 years; and a Land Management and Conservation Fund to improve conservation practices on Aboriginal land, with funding of $2 million per annum from 2017/2018.
Guidelines for funding under both the Capital Grants Fund and the Land Management and Conservation Fund provide a comprehensive description of the grants program, including who can apply, what may funded under the program, how to apply, how applications will be assessed and how funds will be provided.
Applicants are strongly advised to read the Guidelines completely before commencing their application(s).
Terms and Conditions
- Funding under the Capital Grants Fund is available to Aboriginal Ranger Groups only.
- Funding under the Land Management and Conservation Fund is available to Aboriginal Ranger Groups and Aboriginal organisations and corporations.
- Applicants must submit separate applications for funding under the Capital Grants and the Land Management and Conservation Funds, and a separate application for each capital item or project.
- Applicants can submit multiple applications and should clearly identify links between applications under each of the funds.
Applications for funding under the Capital Grant Fund and the Land Management and Conservation Fund is now closed.
$2,843,069 has been allocated to successful applicants in the 2017/18 funding round for the two categories of the grants programs, including:
- 36 grants for essential capital items, equipment and infrastructure, and
- 12 projects under the Land Management and Conservation Fund to improve and develop conservation practices on Aboriginal land. A second tranche of funding for land management and conservation projects will be announced in early 2018.
To view a list of successful recipients visit the media release at newsroom.nt.gov.au/mediaRelease/24081
New round of funding under the Capital Grant Fund and the Land Management and Conservation Fund will be open in 2018/2019
For more information, please contact:
Aboriginal Ranger Grants Program Director
P: 08 8995 5039
M: 0447 830 097
Last updated: 11 January 2018