Oolloo Water Advisory Committee
The Oolloo Water Advisory Committee has been formed by the Minister for Environment and Natural Resources.
The provides advice and recommendations to the department on the development of a Water Allocation Plan for the Oolloo Dolostone Aquifer.
An important feature of the committee is to inform and to be advised by the community regarding issues relevant to the aquifer.
The committee’s role is to:
- identify issues
- critically evaluate information
- offer suggestions for water management strategies that support the potential beneficial uses and
- maximise opportunities for ecological sustainable development in the region.
The committee will:
- bring a diversity of skills, perspectives and opinions to bear on water management in the Oolloo Dolostone Aquifer, and in the Daly River catchment more broadly as is relevant to management of the Oolloo Dolostone Aquifer
- actively and openly participate in the development of the water allocation plan for the Oolloo Dolostone Aquifer
- identify, discuss and make recommendations to the department on matters regarding the assessment, management and use of water from the Oolloo Dolostone Aquifer
- share information about the water allocation planning process with the community and seek their values and interests, ensuring these are communicated back to the department
- participate in the development of water management strategies for the Oolloo Dolostone Aquifer that are consistent with the requirements of the Water Act 1992 and, as far as practicable, the National Water Initiative
- consider any other matters referred to it by the minister of the department.
Read the minutes from the committee meetings.
|Mr John Childs||Chairperson and Community Member|
|Ms Kate Peake||Community Member/ Regional Development NT|
|Mr Simon Smith||NT Farmers Association Representative|
|Mr Malcom Baker||TFS Corporation|
|Mr Sam McBean||NT Cattleman’s Association Representative|
|Mr Warren de With||AFANT Representative|
|Mr Dick Perry||Community Member|
|Mr Eddie Webber||Community Member|
|Ms Mona Liddy||Wagiman Representative|
|Dr Lorrae McArthur||Northern Land Council Representative|
|Dr Alison King||Aquatic Ecologist|
|Mr Peter Marks||Horticulturalist/ Community Member|
|Mr Phil Howie||Community Member|
|Mr Rob Lindsay||Maddaingya Malak Malak Representative|
Last updated: 18 September 2019